VMware Cloud Community
norisnetwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to speed up vSphere Web Client

Hello,

we've got a vCenter Server (as VM - 8 cores, 16GB RAM) and running vSphere 5.1 on all hosts.

Since the upgrade to 5.1 we're using the Web Client (as recommended) - but the Web Client seems to be so much slower than the Windows Client.

Any ideas how to speed up the web client?

Thanks so far,

Greets

Alexander Krogloth

noris network AG

25 Replies
ALAGARDE
Contributor
Contributor

No troll, just facts

I had to get another workstation to be able to work properly on that slow interface

0 Kudos
Sharantyr3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh, ok, I didn't understand your message this way. I thought you were like "hey get a new high end Pc and stop crying".

It's like the dev's in my office : "Dude, the server's lagging, please increase resources". When you see how they build their apps completly opposite of optimized code (sigh), it's just sad.

I feel the same for the new vsphere UI web client.

0 Kudos
kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi all,

I had the same opinion on webclient 5.1, with 5.5 it is improve.

Few tips: Use latest Adobe Flash Player and use firefox instead of IE ( if possible).

Install the Client Integration Plug-In in the vSphere Web Client:

1 Click the Download the client integration plug-in link.

Option
Description

vSphere Web Client login page
a Open a Web browser and enter the URL for the vSphere Web Client.

b At the bottom of the vSphere Web Clientlogin page, click Download Client Integration Plug-in.

Guest OS Details panel
a Select a virtual machine in the inventory and click the Summary tab.

b In the Guest OS Details panel, click Install client integration plug-in to view VM console.

2 (Optional) If the browser blocks the installation, either by issuing certificate errors or with pop-up blocking, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
PaulUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
dinad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all

Was having the same issue.. it's taken two weeks to pin-point the problem ..not cool !

Here i the solution : Un-install the web client completely then re-install it.

there is no visible indicator given anywhere that the client is out of date.

Good luck ..I hope it helps 🙂

Here's my other post describing the solution (and the problems)

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2378908

D

0 Kudos
PGinhoux
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I encounter this problem while I'm installing my first ESXi host running VMware 6.5 update01. It's a fresh and new installation on a customer site with no access to internet.

For the moment only the ESXi hosts are installed and connected to the network, so I have no vCenter installed yet.

I'm in the process to create the different vSwitches, Port Groups etc... connected directly on the hosts itself.

So it's so slow that I sometimes wait for several minutes to get a page and I often get timeouts.

How to get rid of this ? Is it possible to install the VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin or to configure something to get improvement with the html5 interface?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Patrick

0 Kudos