VMware Cloud Community
LuanaRocha
Contributor
Contributor

How to rename the folder C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-SYSTEM

Hi,

How can i rename the folder C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-SYSTEM in my vcenter?
My backup software failed and the support says that to solve this problem i need to rename this folder...but Windows Always says that are some files in use, even after reboot the system.

Tks,

Lu

5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure whether it is possible to relocate the folder. However, wouldn't it be an option to just exclude this folder (or the whole temp folder) from the backup?

André

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

what back up software are you using...? is it symantec.?

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
LuanaRocha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using CA ArcServe R16.
The software was working fine and i was able to backup some virtual machines without problem, but now i need to backup an virtual machine that has more 1TB of data and ArcServe has some problem with that.
The case is with the CA Support now, and they told me that i need to delete or rename the folder C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-SYSTEM in the vCenter and try to run the backup again.
The error that ArcServe is presenting when i try to backup the vm is "AW0004 <Server Name> Failed to open file "

Tks,

Lu

0 Kudos
LuanaRocha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi André,

Thanks for you reply, but this is not the folder that i'm trying to backup.
I'm using ArcServe to backup an entire virtual machine. The backup software integrates with vcenter to generate the backup.

Tks,

Lu

0 Kudos
RajeshBJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi LuanaRocha,

I know this is very delayed reply.... 🙂  You can rename the c:\Windows\Temp folder by logging into windows in safe mode...

Press and hold F8 button while the windows is booting to select the safe mode.

Thanks,

Raj