VMware Cloud Community
shmahale
Contributor
Contributor

How to fetch template details from VCDB

Hello Team,

From vCDB database, Is it possible to get the template details( from which a VM is deployed)? if yes could you please assist me with the database attribute or any document or guide that I can refer?

I'd appreciate it if you could leave an answer.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What sort of details? What do you need them for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
shmahale
Contributor
Contributor

Details like template name.

ServiceNow has been integrated with vCenter. Currently they are fetching all the VM details like DNS name, IP, CPU , RAM and storage.etc.. but not template name.therefore they want to fetch template name from which the VM has deployed.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So not information about the template itself, but which template was used to deploy a particular VM.

No idea if any vSphere elements stores that information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
shmahale
Contributor
Contributor

I can consider that option However I am looking for the database attribute , if you could help me.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As I said, I have no idea if that information is stored anywhere.

0 Kudos