VMware Cloud Community
TodLoch
Contributor
Contributor

How to connect to vCenter 5.5 using web browser without FLASH technology ???

Hi,

I have installed vSphere 5.5 Essential Plus (on 2 ESXi hosts and about 10 VMs) with vCenter Server Appliance 5.5.

Now Adobe ends support for FLASH, so I would like to connect to vCenter using HTML5 technology. How to upgrade web client on vCenter 5.5?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards,

Mariusz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@TodLoch 

The lack of Flash support is a minor thing, VMware already ended support for 5.5 (and 6.0) so you should be considering an upgrade to at least 6.5 if your VMs are running anything like production workloads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TodLoch
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I know that 5.5 is EOL from September 2020. And yes, VMs are in production enviroment.

But currently my Company has limited financial resources, so I wonder if it is possible upgrade only web client on vCenter to be able to manage using HTML5 technology.

Mariusz

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The web client is integrated in vCenter Server, and there's no option that I'm aware of to upgrade the client only.
However, with vSphere 5.5 you should still be able to use the Windows based vSphere Client.

André

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

No HTML for   VC 5.5 available. Use the C# Client(Fat Client). 

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos