VMware Cloud Community
mchfpd
Contributor
Contributor

How to change SQL Server Database User (?)

Additional info:  The connection is via ODBC on the vCenter server.  Is there more than one place to look for ODBC setup other than Windows Administrative Tools >> ODBC DSN Setup ?

As the Database Manager / Admin at our organization, I want to change all connections to our server that hosts the VCDB database to another User ID for security reasons.  We used to have 6 or so active connections to our SQL Server as viewed in the SQL Server "Activity Monitor" that all had the same original User ID connecting to VCDB.  With some effort we got the User ID changed to what we want for ALL BUT 2 of the connections, which still have the original user ID.

Here are the most recent sql statements executed by these 2 processes:

(@P1 datetime2)SELECT target_uid, snapshot_uuid, deletion_time FROM VCI_AGING_SNAPSHOTS WHERE deletion_time <= @P1

and

(@P1 numeric(20,0),@P2 numeric(20,0),@P3 numeric(20,0),@P4 int,@P5 int)UPDATE VCI_TASK_STATS SET queue_time = @P1, ready_time = @P2, run_time = @P3, state = @P4 WHERE id = @P5

Can anyone tell me how to change the User ID that is executing these sql commands?  Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In vCenter 5.x there was a reg key you had to edit, and in vCenter 6.x there is a config file you'd want to check. I believe this KB has both of those details pointed out.

0 Kudos