VMware Cloud Community
sysjno
Contributor
Contributor

How to access vCenter Server?

I know this sounds like a really dumb question, but Googling just isn't helping.  Lots of stuff about installing and using, but nothing about "Here's how to actually get to it"!

First, my knowledge of VMware is limited to standalone ESXi hypervisors.  I've inherited what's supposed to be a cluster, but they're all used as standalone because "We could never make it work".  Well, I want to make it work.  There is a Windows VM that's supposed to be the vCenter Server, and in Programs and Features I can see vCenter Server, but that's it... I have no idea where to go to get into it and start figuring it out.

Once I do get in, I'll want to recover whatever licensing info there is to be able to access the downloads... I'm strongly tempted to just get vCSA and use it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

vCenter Server for Windows runs as a service, and you can access it using the vSphere Client (Windows Client, or Web Client),

You will however need a user account which has permissions to access the vCenter Server inventory.

Btw. which vCenter Server version is installed?

André

0 Kudos
Nahida123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi If vCenter server is installed on Windows system  and service is up and running. You just need to use FQDN or the system IP to login.

Login credentials you should be having which you have given during the time of installation.

If its 6.5 or 6.0 then you can login using Webclient.

On webclient: Https://<FQDN or IP>

If you have older version of vCenter please use VMWare vSpeher client. Where you can login using FQDN or IP address. 

0 Kudos