VMware Cloud Community
yawyeunhsu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to Delete inactive datastore in vCenter 6.5(vCSA)

I have removed a vsphere host , but its local datastorage still listed in vcenter, showing inactive status,

when I want to remove it,The Options are grayed, how do I remove it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yawyeunhsu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes,

I found there is a virtual machine in vCenter that was copied from removed host ,so its DVD ISO mount still remains on the removed storage, and when I uncheck attached ISO images ,the storage disappears in vcenter . Thanks for the tips.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Make sure if any snapshot still exists there on this datastore referencing to a VM. Check if any ISO mounted to VM from this datastore. You need to disconnect all these resources from datastore in order to remove it.

0 Kudos
yawyeunhsu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI:

Actually, This datastorage and its host are no longer in vcenter, is a isolation host from vcenter And operation well. So I dont know why it still there while i  have been moved it out of vcenter.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

A vCenter reboot may help on this if somehow ESXI host not removed properly.

0 Kudos
yawyeunhsu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi:

I reboot the vCenter,The status turns from red to yellow(warning) but still can not be deleted.
I found smoe way to delete the inactive datastorage,it needs to go to the database to delete it,
Please refer to the link below,but my environment vCSA Database is Postgre.

https://icebow.ru/portal/display/VMWKB/Delete+inactive+datastore+in+vCenter

0 Kudos
Finikiez
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Check all existing VMs in vcenter server inventory for attached ISO images\floppy images from unavailable datastore and existing snapshots.

yawyeunhsu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes,

I found there is a virtual machine in vCenter that was copied from removed host ,so its DVD ISO mount still remains on the removed storage, and when I uncheck attached ISO images ,the storage disappears in vcenter . Thanks for the tips.

Nosella
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Than you very much! It's work!

0 Kudos
Biyouk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Log on the ESXi host and access this path

/etc/vmware/hostd/vmInventory.xml