VMware Cloud Community
jundle
Contributor
Contributor

How do i install update manager for my VCenter (vcsa 6.0.0 3634794)?

How do i install update manager for my VCenter  (vcsa 6.0.0 3634794)?  I'm using the vcenter appliance and i can't see an area in plugins where i can choose update manager?  i've tried doing research, and i think it's telling me:

(VMware Knowledge Base)

Services that are not included in vCenter Server Appliance

vCenter Update Manager

• There is no Linux-based equivalent to Update Manager. You can install the Windows-based Update Manager on a Windows guest and register the Update Manager plug-in when connected to the vCSA with a vSphere Client. For more information, see the vSphere Update Manager Documentation.

(which points me here vSphere Update Manager Documentation )

(which points me here Download VMware vSphere )

and at this point, im lost.  I'm not certain what to download and how to install it.

I think i have missed a step somewhere.  Can someone please help me understand what it is im supposed to download, where to download it from, and how to set it up?

My apologies for my ignorance, and thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You need to have a separate Windows VM and download and use the vCenter Server for Windows ISO to install Update Manager. You can get this ISO in your MyVMware portal under vSphere.

0 Kudos
jundle
Contributor
Contributor

do i want "VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U2M (Migration)" or "VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U3c"?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The latter. File name is VMware-VIMSetup-all-6.0.0-7040641.iso.

0 Kudos