VMware Cloud Community
CHJamey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I replicate between two Platform Service Controllers?

How do I replicate between two Platform Service Controllers?  I seen a basic overview which said I'll need a load balancer in front but what do I need to do to replicate the two PSC's?  I looked in the PSC and didn't see any options.  If I posted this in the wrong place, please let me know.  I couldn't find a better place.

Thanks,

Jamey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The PSC's will replicate with each other automatically when the second PSC is deployed and pointed at the first during the install wizard.

"When you select to join an existing vCenter Single Sign-On domain, you enable the Enhanced Linked Mode feature. Your Platform Services Controller will replicate infrastructure data with the joined vCenter Single Sign-On server", from vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

Also, you don't HAVE to have a load balancer to have two external PSC's at multiple sites. It is a good option, but it's not a must.

PSC_Config.png

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The PSC's will replicate with each other automatically when the second PSC is deployed and pointed at the first during the install wizard.

"When you select to join an existing vCenter Single Sign-On domain, you enable the Enhanced Linked Mode feature. Your Platform Services Controller will replicate infrastructure data with the joined vCenter Single Sign-On server", from vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

Also, you don't HAVE to have a load balancer to have two external PSC's at multiple sites. It is a good option, but it's not a must.

PSC_Config.png

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
CHJamey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the information greco827!

Jamey

0 Kudos