VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

How can update my server's bios with lifecycle manager (vLCM)

I am using latest version of esxi 7.0.2 and my servers vendor are HPE and I have more than 20 servers 

I have downloaded latest version bios for server now is that possible apply this HPE update via lifecycle manager ?

If that is possible would you please advice me  how can do it ?

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Giodomi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello

in order to update the hardware/firmare/bios of your Hosts you need to attach to your vcenter the vendor appliance and relative plugin that's able to manage the HP hardware.

I think you need to check the documentation for the HPE Amplifier if I remember right. Unfortunately I'm only using Lenovo server so the configuration could be different for HP.

I found a blog post that maybe can help you:
https://blogs.vmware.com/virtualblocks/2020/06/02/vsphere-lifecycle-manager-on-hpe/

Kudos if it was helpful

GioDomi
0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Do anyone experience about it for HPE servers ?
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

the blog post above has a pretty decent step through? if that is not what you are looking for then you should be a bit more specific...

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Thanks. but that doc is more than 1 years ago and many updates has released from HPE and vmware from that time for example in that doc used amplifier and as I know that does not work now and we have to use oneview instead of that I just wanted use the other experiences .

1- Would you please say why we have to create a single image while all of my esxi host are using same version . for example I just want update my servers' bios so just had to deploy bios why have to create single mage ? 

2- If I create a single image it will deploy on all hosts ?

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

that is not documentation, it is a blog with an example. For specific documentation for HPE you will need to go to HPE's forum and/or HPEs website. VMware does not create documentation for partner solutions typically.