VMware Cloud Community
samuelkeller
Contributor
Contributor

Host Profile - vSwitch network policy propery doesn't match

I have 3 brand new hosts with a brand new host profile.  I used 1 host as the master to create the host profile, then I attached all 3 hosts to the new host profile, then check compliance, then ran remediation on the 2 hosts, then checked compliance.  The 2 hosts are not compliant and show that the standard network setting with a desciption of vSwitch network policy property doesn't match; however, the switch configurations match perfectly.  Has anyone ran into this before and if so, do you have a recommendation on how to correct this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KWHoneywell
Contributor
Contributor

Had similar problem.  We don't use traffic shaping, but the setting for "Burst size (KB)" is shown greyed out as 102400.  When checking through the Host Profile exports we found a different number as 1048## (can't remember the last two digits).

Fix was to enable traffic shaping, change the Burst Size setting to 100000, then disable, and click OK.  Do that on your 'master' host, then update your host profile.  Manually set the same setting on your slave hosts, then check compliance.

Worked a treat. Smiley Happy

Good Luck

K.

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

just delete all settings from the profile you dont want to set - that matches in most cases

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Check the failover order settings in the vSwitch properties before generating the Host Profile and also check the number of uplinks existing in the new server ...

If some settings of the generated host profile is not compatible with this new one, and you don't really need them, you can remove them before attaching the host profile to the new server.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos