VMware Cloud Community
SolidFireMike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Home Menu in HTML Web Client Truncates Titles

The Flex web client displays the test, the HTML web client truncates.

Flex:

1.png

HTML:

2.png

If I turn off the width attribute of the .object-navigator-label css, the entire text entry is displayed.

3.png

4.png

Maybe the team could update this behavior?  (It cuts off your text as well as mine)

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into - the ellipses definitely need tweaking.

I would use the opportunity though to recommend against adding multiple home menu items for the same plugin. In environments with many plugins installed the menu will start to scroll and one plugin may steal the focus from all other plugins. It's better to have a single menu item, followed by another menu only for the SolidFire plugin.

It's better to use the vSphere Client SDK forum for plugin related asks - you'd get responses more quickly.

Best,

Tony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into - the ellipses definitely need tweaking.

I would use the opportunity though to recommend against adding multiple home menu items for the same plugin. In environments with many plugins installed the menu will start to scroll and one plugin may steal the focus from all other plugins. It's better to have a single menu item, followed by another menu only for the SolidFire plugin.

It's better to use the vSphere Client SDK forum for plugin related asks - you'd get responses more quickly.

Best,

Tony

0 Kudos