VMware Cloud Community
GaneshShastri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hardware Sensors is blank

Hello Team,

We are using ESXi6.0 3568940 appliance, In this I am not getting any option or information about hardware sensors details in web client and also not in vcenter. When i check the same in vrops it shows Hardware Status is changed. I already tried to restart CIM service in VC, but still no info is updated in Hardware status tab.

Let me know which services i need to check in esxi appliance for this issue. If it's watchdog service do i need to put host in MM ?

vRop Status.PNG

HW Status Blank.png

Regards

Ganesh SS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Hi there,

i got that Issue also during Upgrade from 5.5 to 6.0  and from 6.0 to U2  for different vCenters.

Vmware sent me a link https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21134...

but it didn't helped.   i getting kind of SecurityError on the Mob once trying.

from other Thread heard it's hopefully fixed with U3.

vCenter 6 Hardware status not working

to bypass > you could query it manually over powercli or using for example nagios to get on the CIM's.

i personally don't trust/like the Webclient for checking that.

for youre current Issue > you should see it once connecting directly to you're Esxi Host with the normal vi-Client.

Best regards

Max

GaneshShastri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your information.

As per your last step, i followed it,

you should see it once connecting directly to you're Esxi Host with the normal vi-Client

Over there in configuration tab i can able to check the health status and i can find out the error. Thanks for your help.

GaneshSS

0 Kudos