VMware Cloud Community
DanieleFiore201
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HP OnewView plugin

Hi guys,

i always face problems when i want to use HP products integrated with vCenter.
This time i have installed HP OneView for enabling VASA providers and i have no idea why the webplugin cannot be enabled.

I have a duplicated entry in the vSphere fat client listing : "HP OneView for VMware vCenter" status "disabled" and once i try to enable it , it's simply not doing it...
WHat can i do ? any idea ? i cannot find anything on the web especially in HP forums.

Many thanks in advance,

Daniele

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Miro_p
Contributor
Contributor

Daniele,

I have come across the same and hope you have resolved the issue by now.

If not, pay attention to the NOTEs in HP OneView for VMware vCenter Installation Guide.

- make sure you close VMware Web Client while installing the plug-in

- allow for required TCP ports on any firewalls you have between vCenter and the host where you're trying to install the plugin (including Windows firewall should you have it)

- make sure vCenter can resolve hostname of the host where OV4VC is being installed

HTH,

Miro

DanieleFiore201
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Miro,

i have followed the instructions carefully, now the tools is visible but i do not have the VASA provider option available when i want to create a storage policy.

WHat a pain....

Daniele

0 Kudos
michaelyallits
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using the vCenter Appliance or the Windows Install?

Mike

0 Kudos
DanieleFiore201
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it's windows install

0 Kudos
michaelyallits
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, couple things you can do to see if it helps:

1) Uninstall the current OneView for vCenter Plugin

2) Go to -  https://your.vcenter.address/mob  (administrator or administrator@vsphere.local should get you in)

Go to - ServiceContent - Content

Go to - extensionManager

Using the UnregisterExtentions link (2nd from the bottom) remove the following by pasting them into the extensionKey field and clicking Invoke Method:

com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v5.5

com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all

com.hp.ov4vc.ngc

com.hp.ov4vc

com.hp.rmv.ngc

com.hp.rmv

Note: no success show... you wil have to refresh the /mob page to see if they are removed

3) Log out of the web client (dont just close the window, actually logout)

4) Restart your vCenter server (this one is optional, but never hurts to ensure everything has started fresh and the users logged out)

5) Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP OneView for VMware vCenter\ folder to ensure a clean install

6) Reinstall the OneView for vCenter Plugin

Hope this helps....

Mike