VMware Cloud Community
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HOW TO SHRINK TO MINOR SPACE IN DISK OF VM

Hi all!

Recently in a VM I increased space in a disk for a VM. VM (a Windows Server) shows the unallocated space and I am able to use as a separate partition or having the posibility to merge the partition with the rest of the disk.

But now, I must return to the original space of disk in VM. Is there a way to return the original size? When I try from VM configuration it only permits to add more space, not delete.

I checked with VMware tools but it is not posible (I have already VMware tools installed but I have installed only Monitor Resources installed, not more components).

Any idea? One thig that I am wondering is to create another disk with the size that I need and then, copy the data from the older disk to the new and finally, delete the older disk by VM configuration and assign the drive letter from the older to the new disk in Disk Management from Windows.

Any help would be apreciated. Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally we will wait to change this virtual disk to another, whenever would it be posible.

I close this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally we will wait to change this virtual disk to another, whenever would it be posible.

I close this now.

0 Kudos