VMware Cloud Community
RJVBC
Contributor
Contributor

HELP - Content Library items are showing up as unknown

All of the templates stored in the content library are showing up as 'unknown'. The icon used is a blue cube with a question mark over it.

The libraries are configured to use an iSCSI shared VMFS datastore which is online and working (I can browse it and such).

I haven't figured out a way to refresh it so that the items show up properly.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I love the idea of the content library.  I've lost more than one template that was stored on a host that I forgot to move off before reconfiguring or switching out the hardware.  However, I can't seem to consistently use the Content Library without issues.

Thanks,  Jeff

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RJVBC
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping to find out if anyone can help with this.  I've restarted my vCenter and vCenter PSC appliances and they are still showing as unknown.  I don't know what to do next.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
GuySugden
Contributor
Contributor

Restarting the 'VMware Content Library Service' on the vCenter Server worked for me.

0 Kudos
AhmadAliKSU
Contributor
Contributor

There is a work around that worked for me.........clone the template with type=unknown, and the clone shows type = vm template, and the guest OS is shown correctly, too..

0 Kudos