VMware Cloud Community
MMatt
Contributor
Contributor

HA between two existing clusters

Hi All

I have come across a challenge, where one of my client needs High Availability between clusters. The current setup consist of several esxi 6.5 servers sitting in 2 data centres (DC A and DC B), each data centre has its own clusters (Cluster A and Cluster B). There is an RHEL server running in DC A on Cluster A and I need to achieve HA over to cluster B in DC B. Cluster A and B are managed by one vcenter hypervisor. Storage is not shared between the Clusters. Does anyone know any ways to achieve HA with this scenario without touching the current cluster setup, even if with 3rd party software?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

"HA" as in that it automatically restarts when a failure has occurered? Or HA as in the ability to failover the workload when you need to? Because you could use vSphere Replication and fail it over. other than that VMwas has no feature that allows you to do what you are describing. Your best bet would be some form of OS/App level clustering.

MMatt
Contributor
Contributor

Hey depping - Thanks for the response. HA would mean preferably some sort of automation, but if I can achieve a manual failover that is also better than no DR scenario.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

yeah if you are looking to do DR then vSphere Replication is probably your best bet! (and cheapest)

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

MMatt,

You may also want to check out SRM:

Lars

0 Kudos