VMware Cloud Community
uchacker11
Contributor
Contributor

Global Topology Questions

Hello All,

I have been tasked with updating our vCenter 6 deployment to support a global deployment of VMWare.  Currently we have 2 vCenter servers, 1 primary and 1 at our DR site linked via SRM.  Our primary server controls all of our datacenters except for the DR datacenter.  Each of these deployments use embedded PSCs and separate SSO domains.

As we have datacenters in Europe and India, I need techs at those locations to be able to manage their VMs even if the WAN link to the US primary datacenter is down.  To be clear, EU techs will only manage EU VMs and India techs will only manage India VMs.  But US techs need to be able to manage all VMs globally, preferably from a single client connection.

1) I plan on deploying an external PSC and vCenter server for each main site (US Primary, US DR, EU, and India).  Will I be able to link these and achieve the management goals stated above?

2) Can I link the US Primary and US DR site under a single SSO domain and still have SRM function as it currently does?

3) If these servers are linked as stated and the US Primary vcenter is down, will I be able to connect to one of the other vCenters and manage the US Hosts?  Assuming I use my US account

0 Kudos
0 Replies