VMware Cloud Community
stldnd12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Getting a RAM and processor error during the loading of Vsphere Vcenter server v6

I am trying to load Vcenter server 6 during loading on my Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation 12. Vcenter Server set up is not proceed asking for 8GB RAM and Dual processor. But my physical machine has 8GB DDRIII RAM and core i3 Processor which is having 4 core. What I need to do to solve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sumit187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you have 8GB RAM on your physical machine then you have 7GB available depends on your operating system. if you have at least 2 virtual machines in you VMware workstation then the availability of RAM will be more lower. So I recommend you have at least 16GB RAM on your physical machine your problem will be solved. Processor is ok just select the core not processor during the loading of Vcenter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sumit187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you have 8GB RAM on your physical machine then you have 7GB available depends on your operating system. if you have at least 2 virtual machines in you VMware workstation then the availability of RAM will be more lower. So I recommend you have at least 16GB RAM on your physical machine your problem will be solved. Processor is ok just select the core not processor during the loading of Vcenter.

stldnd12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have just install another 4GB RAM into my Motherboard which I have on other Desktop. Now the particular VM still giving ERROR of RAM. So how to solve it. Why this is happen again.

0 Kudos
sumit187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just let me know that have you increased the RAM after shut down the VM of just switch on the PC and run the VM. RAM of the VM will not automatically increased. you have to shutdon the VM the Right Click on VM on left pane. Click edit setting and then increase the RAM to at least 8GB. Choose number of processor core to 2 and choose number of processor is 1 as your physical processor is 1. then Restart the VM and start to install the Vcentre

stldnd12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Its ok installation starts

0 Kudos