VMware Cloud Community
awilliamsmjc
Contributor
Contributor

Freqent Alerts for Alarm.HealthStatusChangedAlarm vmware-vpostgres status changed from green to gray

Hello,

I upgraded my vCSA from 5.5 to 6.0 last Friday.  However, Friday evening I started to get frequent (10-50 minutes apart) alerts for HealthStatusChangedAlarm stating that the vmware-vpostgres status changed from green to gray.  I restarted the vCSA twice and it stopped for a while after each reboot, but then occurred most of the weekend.  I have checked the storage in use and sda3 is 37% used but most are under 6% when running the df -h command.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

32 Replies
monahancj
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have the bug/KB number?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BradHunt
Contributor
Contributor

Any more traction on this error?

CoreyNice
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a knowledge base article (KB 2112606) detailing a work around instead of turning off all Health Status Changed Alerts for my exact error.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=211260...

Prior edit:

Same thing here.  Upgrade from vCSA 5.5 to 6.0.  I migrated my data.  Soon after the initial reboot, started getting these messages and they haven't stopped.  Obviously not a priority (or not enough people have logged the issue) for VMware to resolve. I'm just not a fan of flooding the logs with erroneous messages.

Off to perform the workaround of stopping the email from being sent so I'm not flooded for the next who knows how long. Smiley Happy

Stateless event alarm

Alarm Definition:

([Event alarm expression: Status change])

Event details:

vmware-vpostgres status changed from yellow to gray

0 Kudos
Kris_83
Contributor
Contributor

Just registered to say that we are seeing the same issue after upgrading from 5.5 to 6. Seems like this has been a known issue for a while, any ETA on the patch for this?

0 Kudos
awilliamsmjc
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know when they are going to fix it.  I have updated my VCSA to 6.0.U1 and the issue still persists.

Adam

0 Kudos
adamjg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

According to http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2112606, this issue is supposed to be resolved in 6.0 Update 1, which was released on Sept 10th.  However, I just did an upgrade in my dev environment from 5.5 U3 to 6.0 U1 and as soon as I re-pointed the PSC from the embedded VCSA to the external PSC this error came up.

I opened up a case with VMware for this 2 weeks ago, but the tech was unresponsive and I ended up just closing the case.  I also rebuilt my dev VCSA from the ground up, migrated and got this error again, so I guess I get to create another case. I'm not sure what SnS is supposed to mean, but it surely isn't service and it surely isn't support.

0 Kudos
rtjrodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having similar issues where VCenter 6.0 U1 keeps showing warning alerts and then disappearing, have you get any work around this issue

0 Kudos
CoreyNice
Contributor
Contributor

Recently updated to VCenter 6.0 U1.  Same issue persists even though the release notes state that U1 fixes this problem....

0 Kudos
adamjg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yep same here. I opened a ticket with VMware on Oct 9th and made it a priority 2. I got one reply on the 9th where the support tech asked why I upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0 U1 instead of just building 6.0 U1 from scratch.  I've sent 3 emails since then and no reply, so I'm having my SE escalate it internally.  My guess is they have no clue why the fix that they say is fixed really isn't, so they are ignoring all cases that are related to this issue.

0 Kudos
awilliamsmjc
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like our issue, or really close to our issue, has officially been acknowledged by VMware.  However, it has not been fixed yet.

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server 6.0 alert reports: vmware-vpostgres status changed from green to gr...

Adam

0 Kudos
Beva_Metal
Contributor
Contributor

We updated yesterday from Vmware 5.1 to 6.0.0 build 3337997 and this issue still persists. I get an email about every hour or so.

0 Kudos
Kevin_TAN
Contributor
Contributor

I just did a fresh installation of VCSA 6.0 U2 build 3634794, getting this alarm every 3-4 hours.

0 Kudos
InvalidCharacte
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same issue on VCSA 6 Update 1, went to Update 3, but issue wasn't resolved.

Applied KB 2144950, same status.  Edited the Health Status Changed Alarms, removed 3/4 of Information Status Events but still receiving status changes every 3-5 minutes.

Applied KB 2112606 but even though I applied a reload of configuration and restart of service per KB, "fix" didn't take affect until the VCSA was restarted.

KB 2112606 worked for me, but only after a restart of VCSA.

0 Kudos