VMware Cloud Community
pamiller21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Flex Web Client Insecure

I have added the trusted root CA certs from the vcenter root page and my mgmt html page and the html5 web client is now considered secure, but I cannot get the Flex client to come up as secure. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That should be enough. What message are you getting here? Have you checked the cert it's presenting and compared it? What vCenter version here?

0 Kudos
pamiller21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is version 6.5 and I am looking at the cert in the flex client and it does not seem to be the same. The message is just the typical this page is insecure.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What is different about the cert?

0 Kudos
pamiller21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For starters, SSL is not my strong point so forgive me if I am way off. But starters the web client saved as a .cer and the trusted CA one is a .crt, not sure that is a problem but just noting.  The web client is issued to: vcenter6.domain.com issued by: CA, while other is Issued to and by: CA and from there the serial numbers are different and most everything. If you want something specific just ask.

Thank you again,
Andy

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It's possible you haven't added the root CA certificate to the right store on your local machine, or that the browser you're using isn't looking at the local store. Where did you place the root CA certificate (from VMCA) on your machine?

0 Kudos
pamiller21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I placed it both in my Trusted Root Cert Auth and Intermediate Cert Auth after it didn't work.

0 Kudos