VMware Cloud Community
mohamednasr88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fault Tolerance: The virtual NIC associated with the host has insufficient bandwidth for vSphere Fault Tolerance logging

My ESXi Servers version 6.7 always have the warning: "The virtual NIC associated with the host has insufficient bandwidth for vSphere Fault Tolerance logging" when i try to enable fault tolerance on a VM. And the secondary VM always fails. Any idea's on what that warning means?

vmware FT error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1 GbE NICs may not be sufficient for FT depending on the VM you're trying to protect. Yes, FT needs dedicated NICs. No, you should not put all of them on a single vSwitch and in a single team. I'd recommend you do some searching online and in the documentation regarding proper FT setup and configuration including its requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well, do you maybe think the NIC used for FT traffic has insufficient bandwidth to support the feature?

0 Kudos
mohamednasr88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have 4 * 1GB network cards on each esxi

And one vSwitch for all vmnics

Do i have to dedicate a phyisical nic for FT?  Or a dedicated vswitch?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1 GbE NICs may not be sufficient for FT depending on the VM you're trying to protect. Yes, FT needs dedicated NICs. No, you should not put all of them on a single vSwitch and in a single team. I'd recommend you do some searching online and in the documentation regarding proper FT setup and configuration including its requirements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
mohamednasr88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. If you have any links for detailed documentation please share them with me.

0 Kudos