VMware Cloud Community
turnerb_azz
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to log into NFC server

Hi,

I am having an issue at the moment with our Veeam backups and this is because Veeam is unable to read the VMX file for the VM's. It turns out that via vCenter I am unable to download the VMX file from the datastore, however connecting directly to the host works fine.

I have done a lot of reading on the issue and been able to rule out DNS as the hosts are connected to vCenter via the IP addresses and not their DNS names. There are no firewalls blocking communications neither so it cannot be this.

Reading the following KB VMware KB: Browsing datastores from VMware VirtualCenter 2.5.x fails: Failed to log into NFC server didn't make anything clearer neither as within the config file the following line is not even present prefvmx.consolidateDeleteNFSLocks = "TRUE" so could this be the issue? Do I need to add this line to the configuration file?

Any advise would be great as I am very stuck with this at the moment. I am running vCetner Appliance 5.5.0.10000 Build 1624811 and ESXi 5.5.0 1474528 with the HP ESXi image.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
turnerb_azz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at these in the past I think.

This does seem of some interest http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1017196 however it is for Virtual Center 2.5. The contents of my config file are:

/etc/vmware # more config

libdir = "/usr/lib/vmware"

authd.proxy.vim = "vmware-hostd:hostd-vmdb"

authd.proxy.nfc = "vmware-hostd:ha-nfc"

authd.proxy.nfcssl = "vmware-hostd:ha-nfcssl"

authd.proxy.vpxa-nfcssl = "vmware-vpxa:vpxa-nfcssl"

authd.proxy.vpxa-nfc = "vmware-vpxa:vpxa-nfc"

authd.fullpath = "/sbin/authd"

authd.soapServer = "TRUE"

vmauthd.server.alwaysProxy = "TRUE"

So as mentioned above it doesnt contain this line prefvmx.consolidateDeleteNFSLocks = "TRUE" should I be adding this to the config? VMware states that In ESXi 5.0, vpxa will not be re-installed as it is now a part of the esxi-base package, so I would assume that heading down this route wouldn't help out at all neither??

Thanks

0 Kudos
fmosh
Contributor
Contributor

So, did you figure it out?

did you add the line prefvmx.consolidateDeleteNFSLocks = "TRUE" and it started to work?

thanks

0 Kudos