VMware Cloud Community
wendelfo
Contributor
Contributor

Fail to restore vCenter 6.7

Hi for all! Recently one of my two vCenter here stop working (503 service not available...endpoint) and I try restore with previous backup made in "VMware Appliance Management" but appear an error. The stage 2 goes up to 97% when is starting service and after a time show me "RestoreManager encountered an exception". I did try again but in "Appliance Management" and show me "Error occurred during reconciliation operation". I downloaded the LOGs but see various files and i dont know what is util for me.

PS:
Recently my other vCenter stoped too (same problem) and my solution was create a new vCenter, installing, licensing and add the two hosts of the cluster, but this last are 4 hosts with vSAN thecnology and i have doubts how to proceed.
I not can say what problem occurred becouse i deleted old vCenter VMs. Remember i made a analisys and see log partition full and various services stoped then not start anymore, but not sure what was the cause of the problem.

Anybody can help me? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Forcepoint? really? 

This has nothing in common with a vCenter problem. Ask your Network / Security team to allow your connections to your vCenter, 

Maybe the firewall is blocking it. 

Or provide real screenshots with vCenter errors. 

0 Kudos
shamsghn
Contributor
Contributor

does anyone has solutions for that error ?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@wendelfo,

See, the error 503 could be the result of certificates being expired, disk space full, issues with the services itself. It is a quite normal issue and most of the solutions are documented. However, if you already deleted the old vCenter it is too late to check.

On the vCenter you are trying to restore, can you attach the output from:

1. df -h
2. service-control --status --all
3. tail -n 500 /var/log/vmware/vpxd/vpxd.log
4. for store in $(/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli store list | grep -v TRUSTED_ROOT_CRLS); do echo "[*] Store :" $store; /usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli entry list --store $store --text | grep -ie "Alias" -ie "Not After";done;

Also follow this KB to see if you have the STS Certificates expired: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/79248

0 Kudos