VMware Cloud Community
cant_fork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Expired 5.5 Certificates.

Hi All,

I'm new to communities.

My custom vCenter certificates have expired since the end of last week & the service is not starting. I am getting a error when running the scripts saying sso is not installed anybody any ideas for a workaround/solution?

Thanks,

Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello Jim

You will have to regenerate new certificates and then replace them.

You will have to create a certificate request, csr, file and then get your custom certificate, either from Microsoft CA, or a third party cert authority.

Wild card certs are not supported. You will have to get a new cert for each vCenter component.

Then once the rui.cert and rui.key are available, you will have to replace these certs for each components.

Use this below link for certificate replacement:

VMware vCenter SSL Certificate 101

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello Jim

You will have to regenerate new certificates and then replace them.

You will have to create a certificate request, csr, file and then get your custom certificate, either from Microsoft CA, or a third party cert authority.

Wild card certs are not supported. You will have to get a new cert for each vCenter component.

Then once the rui.cert and rui.key are available, you will have to replace these certs for each components.

Use this below link for certificate replacement:

VMware vCenter SSL Certificate 101

Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

cant_fork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Suhas,

Appreciate the reply. I will look into getting this done today.

0 Kudos
jpbelauskas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any luck?

0 Kudos
Konflikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

unfortunately, that will not work. because the SSL-updater tool cannot replace the vCenter certificate to the new one, because it can not even login to the vCenter. that is the problem.

0 Kudos