VMware Cloud Community
johanbd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Esxi 5.0 Host is marked not responding on Vcenter

Hi all,

I've got this trouble when adding Esxi 5.0 host to vcenter. This host right now is already added to vcenter inventory and on maintenance mode but everytime firewall on the host is enabled, the host marked as not responding and become connected again if i disabled the host firewall. I already confirmed that vcenter and the host using port 902 UDP for vpxheartbeat. This is really confusing...:( does anyone have solution for this matter, any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Johan,

Please confirm if you have port 903 is enabled to-and-fro on this host from the network side. This can be told by the network team.

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
johanbd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi Nicky,

i think port 902 is already open in and out from host to vcenter and vice versa (physical network) because initially this host already registered on the same vcenter but on different cluster. We have this cluster for vcloud director on this very same vcenter and this troubled host is already on that cluster and running just fine. I want to move this host to different cluster (not vcloud cluster), first i disabled the host then unprepare (from vcloud director)after that i put the host in maintenance mode then move to another cluster this problem occurs.....:(

0 Kudos