VMware Cloud Community
KeiichiKun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error upgrading windows vcenter 6 to vcsa 6.5 (vum_registry.csv)

Hi all,

during migration I got the following error on vcenter server

compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted (vum_registry.csv)

even if I've uninstalled vum and taken offline vum database

I can skip this error, but another error (and I can't skip this) appears:

Encountered an internal error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 2018, in main vmidentityFB.boot() File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 346, in boot self.upgradeSystemDomainAdmins() File "/usr/lib/vmidentity/firstboot/vmidentity-firstboot.py", line 1968, in upgradeSystemDomainAdmins raise Exception('Failed to upgrade system domain admins.') Exception: Failed to upgrade system domain admins.

I've tried to follow this two hints

VMware vSphere 6.0 – Migration to vCenter Appliance 6.5 failed on export due to VMware Update Manage...

"Exception: Failed to configure identity manager" error when upgrading to vCenter Server 6.5

but with no results..

Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeiichiKun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Solution found.

Previous attempt of migration leaves some files referring to vum (that I've uninstalled) but this garbage remain in temp directory and migration procedure continues to find them and use them even if they belong to a previous attempt.. deleting those files solve the problem

I'm not sure but can we consider it a bug?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KeiichiKun
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Solution found.

Previous attempt of migration leaves some files referring to vum (that I've uninstalled) but this garbage remain in temp directory and migration procedure continues to find them and use them even if they belong to a previous attempt.. deleting those files solve the problem

I'm not sure but can we consider it a bug?

0 Kudos