VMware Cloud Community
kmriaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error during vCenter 6 Installation, please help.

Hello

We are trying to do fresh install of vcenter 6 on Windows Server 2012 (this is a vm running on ESXi 6). SQL 2012 STD edition is installed on the same server on which vcenter will be installed. System DSN created. During installation I am getting the following error.

vcenter sssl error.jpg

After clicking OK the installation continued, but later when the process was almost complete the below error appeared and the installation rolled back. Please can someone help me. vcenter sssl error1.jpg

Is it safe to use vCener 6.0 and Esxi 6 for production.

Riaz KM
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AjithDhas
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Can you give some more details.

1. Whether SSO is installed on the same machine (i.e whether the installation is done with an embedded Platform Service Controller)

2. What DB is used?

Can you try to apply all windows updates and try to reproduce the issue?

Regards,

Ajith

0 Kudos
AjithDhas
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try adding your host name in the hosts file and please try again. It seems like the provided system name is unable to resolve.

Regards,

Ajith

0 Kudos
kmriaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ajit

Thanks for the reply. Our environment is small. We will be having only 4 hosts and 12 VM's.

vCenter will be installed in embedded deployment mode, so I guess all components will be installed in single VM. We will be having a VM with 12 GB RAM.

SQL server 2012 STD will be used.

I am now applying windows update.

Thanks

Riaz

Riaz KM
0 Kudos
brunofernandez1

do you have DNS problems?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos