VMware Cloud Community
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Error Upgrading to 5.5U2

Trying to upgrade to 5.5U2 form 5.5U1 and having several issues.

First, when I click on the web client install button I receive "file not found.. E:\\vSphere-WebClient\Vmware-WebClient.exe"

Second, when I navigate to that path manually and try to run the exe I get the error "This app can't be run on your PC"

Host os is Win2k12 R2 Datacenter. Has anyone else seen similar issues or had success updating the WebClient?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

from both error messages it seems like corrupted install source/iso try to re-download vCenter 5.5 U2 iso image and run installer again.

In addition its better if you disable UAC on the server before install and just to be sure verify if any AppLocker rules are not applied:

Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2: AppLocker - Ask the Performance Team - Site Home - TechNet Blog...

For any ongoing issues refer to "Known issues" section in Release Notes:

vCenter Server 5.5 Update 2 Release Notes

In addition verify installation media integrity with MD5:

VMware KB: Verifying the integrity of downloaded installer files

VMware KB: Checking media integrity for ESX/ESXi host installations or upgrades

Message was edited by: vNEX

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

from both error messages it seems like corrupted install source/iso try to re-download vCenter 5.5 U2 iso image and run installer again.

In addition its better if you disable UAC on the server before install and just to be sure verify if any AppLocker rules are not applied:

Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2: AppLocker - Ask the Performance Team - Site Home - TechNet Blog...

For any ongoing issues refer to "Known issues" section in Release Notes:

vCenter Server 5.5 Update 2 Release Notes

In addition verify installation media integrity with MD5:

VMware KB: Verifying the integrity of downloaded installer files

VMware KB: Checking media integrity for ESX/ESXi host installations or upgrades

Message was edited by: vNEX

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
0 Kudos
jkoebrunner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have the same problem here. Setup of Web Client cannot be executed (W2012R2).

WebClient 5.5u2 Install error.png

Johannes Köbrunner IT Solutions Architect Virtualization, Network and Storage Systems Frequentis AG VTSP, VCP, VCAP-DCD
0 Kudos