VMware Cloud Community
cbrock01
Contributor
Contributor

Enhanced Link Mode vCenter 8 Fails

I'm currently setting up a lab environment for vCenter 8. I've already had one vCenter instance running for a couple of months and now I'm attempting to build another instance at a separate site. I'm trying to join the new instance to the existing domain, but no matter how I do it, it fails to join and then I have to blow out the new instance and rebuild it. When I attempt to join the domain using the vCenter GUI installer, it fails almost immediately during stage 2 of the installation and doesn't give any information about why it failed.

I've also tried deploying the second vCenter instance without linking them in the GUI, and then attempted to repoint the domain using the following command: 

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m -execute --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn {FQDN of 1st vCenter} --replication-partner-admin {admin user name of 1st vCenter} --dest-domain-name {domain name of 1st vCenter}

I'm then prompted for the source embedded admin password and the platform services controller admin password. I put these in correctly, the repoint begins, and then fails at "Updating Registry settings". Before I even begin this, I run the same command but with "pre-check" instead of "execute" and it passes the pre-check. 

Has anyone run into an issue like this? I'm not finding much online regarding vCenter 8 and enhanced linked mode and definitely not any troubleshooting steps. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies