VMware Cloud Community
merbatosco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Enhanced Authentication Plugin keeps breaking

Hi all,

I'm currently using the Enhanced Authentication Plugin with the new Chromium Edge browser, when I first install the plugin it works fine and as expected. Then after a few days for whatever reason it just stops working, I've searched around and lots of people are saying to try and access https://vmware-plugin:8094 but it's not loading for me.

I also checked the hosts file and verified that the 127.0.0.1 vmware-plugin and ::1 vmware-plugin entries are still there but it's not working.

If I reinstall both the plugin and the plugin service it works fine but I don't want to have to go through this every time, does anyone know what the cause of this might be? Could there be a service under a different name somewhere that isn't running properly?

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

check if the service "Vmware Cip Message Proxy Service"  is running

View solution in original post

3 Replies
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

check if the service "Vmware Cip Message Proxy Service"  is running

merbatosco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yup that was it, wow I swear I checked earlier and didn't see any VMware services listed, that's my bad. I'll have to keep a close eye on this service since it was already set to automatic but wasn't running, thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
jayf628
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled.  I had had this client on my laptop for a few years already, and it never really worked.  After reinstall, still not working at all, and I just found this article.  Service was set to automatic but was not running.  I started it, clicked to allow the app in the various prompts that came up, and then I was able to use the feature to log into vCenter.  Now the question is...  If the service was not running all this time, what's to say that it will continue to run over time, without need for manual intervention?

0 Kudos