VMware Cloud Community
Phylum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enhanced Authentication Plug-in 6.5.0 Command Line Switches

Is there any documentation for command line switches for the Enhanced Authentication Plug-in?

Objective: To perform silent/unattended installs of the EAP, suppress any forced restarts and suppress these two prompts:

VMwarePluginServiceInstallerPrompts.png

I've done it in a round-about way but I'd prefer to just get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

do you have a solution for the silent install? My problem is that i unpack two msi files from the whole *.exe. I could do a silent install on Windows 10 Workstations but Windows 7 should have problems installing VMware-ClientIntegrationService-5870378.msi with parameter /q.

0 Kudos
Phylum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is where I ended up prior to posting - written to help those who may not be as seasoned understand:

• Ran the 'wrapper' EXE, VMware-EnhancedAuthenticationPlugin-6.5.0.exe, which extracted it's bits into a randomly named 7zip directory in %temp%
    • VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin.win32.exe
    • VMware-ClientIntegrationService.win32.exe
  • Ran VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin.win32.exe which extracted it's bits into a GUID directory in %temp%
    • VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-csd-6.5.0.5870294.msi
    • vcredist_x86.exe
  • Repeated the same process for VMware-ClientIntegrationService.win32.exe which behaved the same way
    • VMware-ClientIntegrationService-5870378.msi
    • vcredist_x86.exe
  • We already have Visual C++ 2013 x86 (12.0.30501) installed so I'm not installing it as part of the package but it's included if it's needed.
  • Install both MSI's (plug-in first then service) using these parameters/switches/arguments: REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QN /norestart /l*vx path\to\file.log

My target audience is primarily Windows 10 - so I didn't bother testing on Windows 7.

I posted because I couldn't suppress the prompts above.  Install should just work without requiring a bunch of extra effort to make it silent.

0 Kudos
Bergold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

which client os do you use for plugin deployment?

0 Kudos