VMware Cloud Community
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.5 Host is not able to add to VCSA 6.5

I have downloaded Virtual Center Apliance 6.5 and ESXi 6.5. Both deployed on VMware workstation 12.x  I can connect from my client VM to VCSA:5480 , ssh to VCSA . I can connect directly to ESXi host via Chorome.  I can login to vcsa using administrator@vsphere.local. But when I try to add the host ( ip address) to the VCSA cluster, I get the following message.Cannot contact the specified host (192.168.221.130). The host may not be available on the network, a network configuration problem may exist, or the management services on this host may not be responding.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vcallaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Verify that the network adapter(s) you're using in Workstation for both machines have the proper settings (same custom network, bridged, NAT) etc...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

are you able to ping ESXi host from VCSA appliance ? port 902 should be opened. Check what is blocking the traffic between VCSA and ESXi.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
vcallaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Verify that the network adapter(s) you're using in Workstation for both machines have the proper settings (same custom network, bridged, NAT) etc...

0 Kudos
mhzmhz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. It worked. ESXi was using NAT , I have changed similar to VCSA  (Bridged) ... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos