MrSiddiqui
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 4.1__ error interacting with configuration file etc/vmware/esx.conf unable to create for open a log file lock failed with reason read only file system

Hi Friends, I am currently facing a problem where ESXi 4.1 host is not booting properly and after providing Username and psw throws me back with the following error "error interacting with configuration file etc/vmware/esx.conf unable to create for open a log file lock    failed with reason read only file system" ... hence the server is unavailable in vCenter and im unable to add it back in the cluster..

What happened was the MotherBoard of the server was changed and when i rebooted the server i was presented with this above error.

Please advice how can i get over it...

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hi,

If it wasn't too inconvienent i'd recommend a re-install. If the VM's reside on shared storage won't be affected anyways.

Curious, regards the IP address of the host did it change? just wondering as it might be possible the cluster has out-dated ip information regards your host (for example if you are using an onboard NIC and using DHCP reservations it would probably have changed IP address due to a different MAC address).

regards

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... http://johncmorrissey.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos