VMware Cloud Community
PeterRaschLager
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESX Agent Manager won't start

Hello.

I've seen this problem posted by other members and could use some help.

The eam.properties file in /etc/vmware-eam/ has this content:

eam.web.root=/usr/lib/vmware-eam/web

eam.web.root=/usr/lib/vmware-eam/web

That looks a far cry from anything normal or what?

Please help.

Best Regards

Peter Rasch Lageri

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterRaschLager
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found it. I found it.

I deleted the comments at the end of the lines. (The three   #<==== ) and made sure the file ended after =100 in the last line.

Looks like the #<==== got read as part of the line and not a comment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterRaschLager
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did this VMware Knowledge Base

and the service can be started using

service vmware-eam start

and I get a

running: PID:30895

but in the Web Client under vCenter Server Extensions it's status is listed as Unknown

service-control --status

lists vmware-eam under the section of Stopped.

0 Kudos
PeterRaschLager
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm getting this in the ema.log file

2018-05-15T15:09:16.012+02:00 |  WARN | WrapperSimpleAppMain | AbstractApplicationContext.java | 550 | Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'esxAgentMgr' defined in class path resource [eam-server-beans.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'adapterServer' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'adapterServer' defined in class path resource [standalone.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clientAuthenticator' while setting bean property 'activationValidators' with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'clientAuthenticator' defined in class path resource [eam-server-beans.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clientAuthConnection' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'clientAuthConnection' defined in class path resource [eam-server-beans.xml]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.vmware.eam.vc.VcConnection]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Wrong Vc sdk tunnel URL: https://vcsa.au.local:8089/sdk/vimService #<====== Keep this unchanged

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The eam.properties should have the value Vc sdk tunnel URL and it should not have any https but the FQDN of the vCenter. Can you check that in the /etc/vmware-eam/eam.properties file.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
PeterRaschLager
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found it. I found it.

I deleted the comments at the end of the lines. (The three   #<==== ) and made sure the file ended after =100 in the last line.

Looks like the #<==== got read as part of the line and not a comment.

0 Kudos