i need your help...
when i try to install new vCenter 6.5 witth external PSC, i got this error.
"ERROR: 1, join vmdir faild
please search of these symptons in the VMware Knowledge base for
any know issues and possible workarounf. if nobe can be found ,
plaese collect a support bundle and open a support request."
To resolve this issue, clean the stale data from the Platform Service Controller.Remove stale entry from vmdird.
To clean the stale data from the Platform Service Controller:
1. Restore the failed vCenter Server 6.5 installation or upgrade to its previous state.
2. If you are upgrading from vCenter Server 5.x, stop the VMware VirtualCenter Server service and the VMwareVCMSDS services on the vCenter Server machine.
3. Log in to the Platform Services Controller machine.
4. Click Start > Run, type cmd, and press Enter.
5. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\vmdird location by running this command:
cd C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\vmdird
6. Ensure that you provide the fully qualified domain name of the vCenter Server machine that is failing to install or upgrade by running this command:
vdcleavefed.exe -h vcenter_fqdn -u Administrator
Note: Enter the fully qualified domain name for vcenter_fqdn for vCenter Server that is currently failing to install or upgrade. This command prompts for the Administrator@vsphere.local password.
7.Start the VMware VirtualCenter Server service and the VMwareVCMSDS services on the vCenter Server machine, if applicable.
8. Retry the installation or upgrade of vCenter Server 6.5 again.
I am unsure if you are using vCenter (windows) or VCSA.
Try to keep both the PSC/VC on same host when deploying or installing vCenter and ensure there are no firewalls for port 389/636
If there are any old stale entries of PSC , you can remove following the KB
Ensure time sync on both PSC /VC and the ESXi host where they are residing are talking to same NTP host.