VMware Cloud Community
COS
Expert
Expert

Displayed "Provisioned Storage:"

In the attached pic, there is a field called "Provisioned Storage:" with the value 190.01GB.

Where does the vCenter Client get that value? I'm trying to query the vCenter DB and get the same value but can't seem to get it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I see the values in the table VPX_GUEST_DISK but adding those up doesn't get me the 190.01GB.....:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
7 Replies
COS
Expert
Expert

Hmmmm....

The table "VPX_GUEST_DISK" also has iSCSI mount points.

Anyone know how to just get the values of the provisioned size vmdk values?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DCSpooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you post your query?

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert

SELECT VPX_GUEST_DISK.VM_ID, VPX_GUEST_DISK.PATH, VPX_GUEST_DISK.CAPACITY, CONVERT(bigint, VPX_GUEST_DISK.CAPACITY)
                  / 1048576 AS 'Capacity_MB', VPX_GUEST_DISK.FREE_SPACE, CONVERT(bigint, VPX_GUEST_DISK.FREE_SPACE) / 1048576 AS 'FreeSpace_MB',
                  VPX_HOST.ID, VPX_HOST.DATACENTER_ID, VPX_HOST.DNS_NAME, VPX_VM.ID AS Expr1, VPX_VM.DATACENTER_ID AS Expr2, VPX_VM.FILE_NAME,
                  VPX_VM.LOCAL_FILE_NAME, VPX_VM.POWER_STATE, VPX_VM.GUEST_OS, VPX_VM.GUEST_STATE, VPX_VM.MEM_SIZE_MB, VPX_VM.NUM_DISK,
                  VPX_VM.DNS_NAME AS Expr3, VPX_VM.IS_TEMPLATE, VPX_VM.HOST_ID
FROM     VPX_GUEST_DISK AS VPX_GUEST_DISK INNER JOIN
                  VPX_VM AS VPX_VM ON VPX_GUEST_DISK.VM_ID = VPX_VM.ID INNER JOIN
                  VPX_HOST AS VPX_HOST ON VPX_VM.HOST_ID = VPX_HOST.ID

WHERE VPX_VM.DNS_NAME = 'yourVMname'

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert

If I change my divisor value 1048576 that converts from Byte to MB, and use the conversion straight to GB using 1073741824 then I get the correct SUM if I just total the known vmdk values. Problem is, it see's the iSCSI disks as well in mount points. So I can't add those and iSCSI disks are all different drive letters & mountpoints according to their VM admin.....lol :smileysilly:

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
DCSpooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Avinash21 that is helpful

and COS is in the right table

0 Kudos
Sundararajan