VMware Cloud Community
Hixardt
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted Datastore Shows as mounted and accessible in VSA 6.7

I am running vCenter 6.7. Recently, I deleted a data store and removed the volume from the SAN, but after a restart of the vCenter for maintenance I see that the data store is back listed in the storage view as mounted (no errors) showing the correct capacity, but zero free storage. There is nothing showing in Vms, Hosts, or Files tab, they are all blank. None of the hosts show this data store mounted to them, and a rescan of storage confirms that the iSCSI target is no longer present. The delete data store option is grayed out this time. Any suggestions on how to remove the data store, or is this something that will need to be manually removed from the database?

Michael E Hicks Jr
0 Kudos
6 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Most likely

- VM with a vCDROM and a ISO file in it

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Hixardt
Contributor
Contributor

The volume on the SAN has been removed. The data store should show as inaccessible, but it shows mounted and available. To delete it originally I had to move all data off of the data store and ensure that none of the VMs referenced any data including CDROMS mapped to an ISO.

None of the ESX servers show this data store mounted to it.

Only the vCenter sees/shows the data store.

Michael E Hicks Jr
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

VM with a Snapshot with old references(ISO) to that Datastore?

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
Hixardt
Contributor
Contributor

If that were the case then the ESX server that that VM is on would show the data store as one of its data stores. None of the ESX servers in the cluster have the data store listed. The only thing that has any reference to the data store is the vCenter.

Michael E Hicks Jr
0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Did you restart vcenter server or ESXi host.

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Might be stale entries in VCDB if ESXi doesn't have any references of the DS.

restart all services or reboot vCSA if possible.

0 Kudos