VMware Cloud Community
amirezra22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Delete VDS with management Port Group

Hello

i have a VDS that i want to Delete and start using Standard Switch instead.

i have a problem because the VDS contain port group with 1 Physical network card with the management Network.

how can i move the physical network card to the standard Switch without loosing management network?

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Since you have distributed switch switch now, you would have standard switch before creating this VDS. You need to restore VSS from console of ESXI. When you restore the standard switch, a new virtual adapter is created and the management network uplink that is currently connected to Distributed Switch is migrated to the new virtual standard switch.

Please check : vSphere Documentation Center

Utilize Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) and ESXi Shell to Troubleshoot, Configure, and Monitor ...

Note : This will only migrate management network, you will have to create VM portgroup and migrate VMs manually.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Since you have distributed switch switch now, you would have standard switch before creating this VDS. You need to restore VSS from console of ESXI. When you restore the standard switch, a new virtual adapter is created and the management network uplink that is currently connected to Distributed Switch is migrated to the new virtual standard switch.

Please check : vSphere Documentation Center

Utilize Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) and ESXi Shell to Troubleshoot, Configure, and Monitor ...

Note : This will only migrate management network, you will have to create VM portgroup and migrate VMs manually.

0 Kudos