VMware Cloud Community
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Default Configuration VM

Hello Guys

In a cluster with 23 VM best practices were applied to all VMs. The environment are 4 nodes with esxi 6.5 U1 and vCenter 6.5 U2.

Now, is possible enable by example that each time a new VM is created, it is created for example with these parameters

isolation.bios.bbs.disable

RemoteDisplay.maxConnections = 1

isolation.tools.diskShrink.disable

I search information but I have not been able to find how to make it every time a VM is created or created with all the above.

It is possible to tell me if there is a way to leave default values when creating a VM.

Thanks

Sebas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

What paramaters specifically you are looking for which has to be applied for VM when it creates ?

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hi,

If you want to create a VM with some parameters just create a template with those.

Otherwise, you can create a script to perform the operation (create the VM) and then add the parameters.

As I know, there is no such an option to configure the default VM creation.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

By recomendation the VM need the following

isolation.bios.bbs.disable -Value TRUE

isolation.device.connectable.disable -Value TRUE

isolation.tools.diskWiper.disable -Value TRUE

I run a script in powercli and change all value in the exist VM but need to know who enable this parameters when a new VM is created.

Thanks

Sebas

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

When a new VM is created whichever options available with out any modification are default parameters.

Also I dont see specific agent or some thing to do this, This could be the default behaviour unless we need those paramater and turn it on by adding those into vmx file.

Check out these:
VM Security Best Practices – List of all the settings from the Security Guide | VirtualClouds.co.za

Disabling unnecessary functions : Disable Unnecessary Functions Inside Virtual Machines

Please mark this as "correct" or " Helpfull" if this answers your query .

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos