VMware Cloud Community
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Customization Specification Wizard

Hi guys,

recently i worked with sysprep directly to test  an Option called  <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>   which getting placed in the  <settings pass="specialize">  Section.

i wanted to test this also over the Customization Specification Wizard to deploy easier.  But i don't know where to place it inside the vmware xml file and how this option is called there.

Maybe anyone knows about?

thx

Max

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could not find a specific answer but hoping these links might give you some leads to find the answer:

Customize default user profile in Windows 7

Customize the Default User Profile by Using CopyProfile

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Thx for the Answer.

Working  with sysprep.xml and Customization Wizard are 2 different Processes. The wizard  creating the sysprep.xml and copy to the client.

i dont have issues to use the vmware created sysprep.xml file and to generalize remote over powercli. But i tried to find out hows possible to inject infos in front to the customization wizard to get it pushed to sysprep. so seems there is an translation between vmware customization xml and the sysprep.xml Smiley Wink.

Its possible to add the sysprep.xml to the wizard - where i hoped it will check content to get it changed . But isnt the Case. Looks bit limited of use.

best regards

max

0 Kudos