VMware Cloud Community
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server systems

Can no longer view our virtual machine list once we login as admin. Our VM list used to be listed on the right-hand side but now we can no longer view these...... How can we fix this quick???

2019-11-13_12-32-58.png

0 Kudos
15 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Clear browser cache and try again (or verify it's a browser issue first by opening an Incognito/Private browsing tab).

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

@We tried this on all browsers and all of our IT team and it no longer works for either of us. It just stopped working a week ago. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, then it appears you have an issue at the vCenter level. You'll need to do some digging into the appliance. First thing to check is the status of all services and if they're started. My guess is vpxd is stopped somehow and possibly others.

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Where do we check for the services? Including the VPXD service? Sorry.....

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Check the status of all vCenter server's services in VAMI (https://vcsa:5480)

Also, check there is no proxy setting for your browser or even system proxy.

However, if the problem doesn't solve, check the flash-based vCenter management panel against HTML5

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

2019-11-13_14-10-23.png

I see this list of services.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

So it seems that primary services are working correctly. Did you have the permission problem with the default SSO domain (e.c vsphere.local) administrator account or with another identity source account with enough privileges?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

As suspected, vCenter Server is stopped.

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

How do we check the flash-based vCenter management panel against HTML5?

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

We always login using the administrator account it has never given us any issues until last week. We logged in and noticed we cannot see any of our VMs anymore. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Since you're clearly not very familiar with the workings of vCenter, I think the most expedient way to get your problem resolved is to open a support request with VMware GSS and have them provide assistance.

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

@ I tried starting the VMware vCenter Server service option and refresh the page and it says stopped again. Is this is the issue?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, and I recommend you work with GSS to get this issue remediated.

0 Kudos
Sumizord
Contributor
Contributor

Tried calling VMware support and they said we don't have a support plan and only told me to use the community forums to assist me. Horrible.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why is that horrible? Support costs money. If this is for a business environment then you need a support plan. If this is for a production environment then you absolutely need support. You may need to socialize this up to management.

0 Kudos