VMware Cloud Community
Browlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server systems: VCENTER APPLIANCE 5.5

Dear all,,

Please help me.

I have installed with new v center appliance 5.5 in my  environment.

i have connected with external  oracle db.

have enabled embedded SSO .

connected with windows AD.

in the configuration screen  .all the service status are running . ok

https://x.x.x.x:5480/

after loggin web client

https://x.x.x.x:9443/

GOT an  ERROR .

" Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server systems: "

https://x.x.x.x:443/sdk

vcenter applicance.JPG

Note:. I have reboot my vcenter appliance and try .....got same error.

I have created new group in AD for vcenter and tried ..got same error.

While connecting with Vsphere client : got an error below.

"An unknow connection error occured ( this is failed because of a connection failure. (Unable to connect to the remote server )"

Client Connection.JPG

Please Help me on this.

Browlin

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Browlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi P. ,

After re install and  followed the step above  the issue got resolved .

Thanks

Browlin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Browlin,

what account you have used for connecting to vCenter Server ? what role and privileges are granted to that user?

If its domain/SSO user with proper permissions on vCenter server it seems to me like your vCenter server components for some reason (vCenter, SSO, WebClient, Inventory svc) cannot communicate to each other.

In order to work this properly you must have vCenter Server correctly registered with SSO and other services... also all VCSA services must have its entry in the same VCSA Lookup Service.

It could be also certificates related issue...

Have a look at these logs:

/var/log/vmware/sso/

/var/log/vmware/vpx/

/var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/

/var/log/vmware/vami

To check if your services are properly registered with Lookup service use vi_regtool:

/usr/lib/vmware-sso/bin/vi_regtool listServices Lookup_Service_URL

If some services are missing from the list they should be reregistered ... because VMware documentation for VCSA its very brief about registering components inside appliance

you can try KB article below if you found that some service is missing from the list. Steps in this article are about regenerating default certificates inside VCSA appliance so I suppose

that this automatic process must also include reregistering components between each other to assure that vCenter Appliance will be working again with new certificates.

See: VMware KB: Troubleshooting the vCenter Server Appliance with Single Sign-On login

Regards,

P.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
0 Kudos
Browlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi vNEX,

In addition to my previous question  also add some thing .

when  i login puttty  restart vpxd service . i have some issue.

Services.JPG

pls help me on this.

Regards

browlin

0 Kudos
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Browlin,

I think  this proves my first thought about certificates and components communication, please follow KB article below or the other I have already posted to recreate all VCSA certificates:

VMware KB: Troubleshooting the vCenter Server Appliance with Single Sign-On login

Regards,

P.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
Browlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi P. ,

After re install and  followed the step above  the issue got resolved .

Thanks

Browlin

0 Kudos
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Browlin,

good to hear ...your issue is gone.

Regards,

P.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< If you find my answer useful please consider to award points ... mark it as Correct or Helpful. Thanks >

0 Kudos