ssSFrankSss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Connect to vCenter through VPN

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to connect to vCenter through VPN PPTP. Although I can connect to ESXi servers do you know why I get this screen that I have attached for vCenter?

The other workaround I could do is to connect with RDP and VPN and then use vCenter from an internal PC, but that is not the way I want to do it.

Thank you for your recommendations,
Frank

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ssSFrankSss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Even though I was able to do nslookup etc. From my PC. I did two things and it worked finally. I disabled ipv6 in my computer's adapter since I do not use it, and did one more think: I set statically primary DNS my VPN's DNS and secondary my router which leads to the internet. Now it resolves FQDN right and I have access to the vCenter.

Thank you for your directions,
Frank

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rajen450m
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi ssSFrankSss

Try to access with vcenter IP address instead of FQDN and check....

Then, check your VPN settings and the ports that are allowed on firewall for your VPN subnet or not.

To best of my knowledge this issue is not related to VMware as long as your DNS and Networks are properly configured.

Regards, Raj

Raj M Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. Visit www.hypervmwarecloud.com for my blog posts, step-by-step procedures etc.,
ssSFrankSss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Even though I was able to do nslookup etc. From my PC. I did two things and it worked finally. I disabled ipv6 in my computer's adapter since I do not use it, and did one more think: I set statically primary DNS my VPN's DNS and secondary my router which leads to the internet. Now it resolves FQDN right and I have access to the vCenter.

Thank you for your directions,
Frank

View solution in original post

0 Kudos