VMware Cloud Community
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

Configure Identity Sources Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)

Hi,

i have two VC in linked, i joined both VC to Active directory domain and register them., then i configure the domain as Identity Sources.

in active directory i created Security group and then added the group to VC and give it Administrator permissions with "Propagate to children" and i added user with same permissions

the issue is when user is trying login to vcenter-01 he is getting error message "Invalid credentials", but if user is trying access vcenter-02 he manage to login but with limited privileges.

* both VC object are in active directory

* VC and domain controller in the same network segment  

Does anyone who can help to troubleshoot the issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Ask user to check how is logging to vcenter. With domain or not like domain/user_aa or simply - > user_aa

Check on both vcenters if Identity Sources Active Directory - is set as default. 

0 Kudos
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

in their domain they are logging in any way they want 

user@domain

domain\user

they try both way in vcenter and the couldn't access

On the vcenter "System Default" is set as default, i will try to change to default and let you know

but in my other environment Identity Sources Active Directory  is not set as default, and it's works well

0 Kudos
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

i tried that and it doesn't help 

0 Kudos
nirmalgnair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try to reproduce the issue by logging in as domain user to vCenter 01

Then check the /var/log/vmware/sso/vmware-sts-idmd.log and search for the username and see what exact error message we are getting. 

Also what is the version of the vCenter. 

Regards,

Nirmal Nair

0 Kudos
Arnold_Mishaev
Contributor
Contributor

1. VMware vCenter Server 7.0.3.00500
  2. i don't have this file "vmware-sts-idmd.log" under path "/var/log/vmware/sso"
0 Kudos