VMware Cloud Community
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Component Manager vs Lookup Service

Hi,

What's the relation/difference between Component Manager and Lookup Service in PSC/vCenter 6.5?

thx

vmrale

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From what I understand (and I could be wrong), the Component Manager (vmware-cm) is a collection of daemons that includes the lookup service, the job of which is to provide a set of registration mechanisms that other vSphere services then use as a directory to determine the topology. Lookup Service isn't a discrete service in that sense.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

From what I understand (and I could be wrong), the Component Manager (vmware-cm) is a collection of daemons that includes the lookup service, the job of which is to provide a set of registration mechanisms that other vSphere services then use as a directory to determine the topology. Lookup Service isn't a discrete service in that sense.

0 Kudos
vmrale
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank You very much .

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
NickSousa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Could you please provide a source for this information?

0 Kudos