VMware Cloud Community
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Client is not authenticated to VMware Inventory Service

Dear Friends,

I'm facing multiple issues with our vCenter. Its started with missing hardware tab and discovered I'm unable to login using web client. I tried to drill down the cause but couldn't get anywhere as multiple articles/discussion found.

I'm getting error saying "Client is not authenticated to VMware Inventory Service". Something I found during troubleshooting is that in SSO identity source, under local host, remote (DC) vCenter short name is added and set as default instead of local name. Is this normal?! We also have SRM in our infra, FYI.

I'm enclosing DS logs which is full of invalid credentials/credentials not valid/unknown source error which I'm not quite understood.

Can anyone help me with the issue?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Hari.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Done some study and resolved my issue with below article.

Re-pointing and re-registering VMware vCenter Server 5.1 / 5.5 and components (2033620) | VMware KB#Re-register vCenter Inventory Service with vCenter Single Sign-On

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi, can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

Hari.

0 Kudos
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Done some study and resolved my issue with below article.

Re-pointing and re-registering VMware vCenter Server 5.1 / 5.5 and components (2033620) | VMware KB#Re-register vCenter Inventory Service with vCenter Single Sign-On

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Trinitta
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

i have the same problem.

Can anyone help me

0 Kudos
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi ,

Are you able to search for inventory on the thick client ? Is the Inventory Service running ? If not then please reset the Inventory Database .

Resetting the VMware vCenter Server 5.x Inventory Service database (2042200) | VMware KB

0 Kudos
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In my case i was able to access inventory from thick (c#) client. Problem was only with Web Client. If it is same for you and logs are matching your scenario, you can try re registering vSphere inventory services with SSO.

0 Kudos