VMware Cloud Community
bbiandov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Chrome must've updated something - vCenter web client worked fine last week?

Hi everyone,

Chrome must've updated something - vCenter web client worked fine last week? Same Flash plug-in Adobe Flash Player - Version: 27.0.0.170

However this week Flash is crashing; that's happening on multiple machines; the OS doesn't seem to matter -- Windows 7 or 10 get the same exact flash crash.

Chrome is the latest on all those computers Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone with the older version of Chrome can confirm the issue does not exist?

IE with the Adobe full blown flash does work just fine so this is definitely something to do with Chrome's own flash plug-in and it happened recently. I wish I had a computer running an older version of Chrome so I can answer this myself but I don't - they all auto update as soon as Chrome updates are released.

Thank you

~B

vCenter-Flash-Web.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbiandov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually I did find a work around even though the issue is most definitely addressed by VM Ware.

Google has pushed the flash update which is the problem. Going back to an older flash component for Chrome solves the issue: Version: 27.0.0.170 is the issue; going to Version: 27.0.0.159 by replacing an older pepperflash DLL puts us back to status quo.

http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2017/10/shockwave-flash-has-crashed-workaround-for-vsphere-web-flash-...

Hopefully VM Ware officially will get to the bottom of Version: 27.0.0.170 and publish an approved remedy! For now I'm confirming that going back to Version: 27.0.0.159

slash1.png

Another issue caused by 27.0.0.170 which has not been reported yet is that it also breaks the ESXi host web client (that's the ESXi web client stand alone running on the host). Although I don't believe that the stand alone host client had any flash it does - with 27.0.0.170 it causes some login error which can be ignored and it otherwise works. With the older flash plug-in that same error is gone.

~B

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gljnowka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware has an official KB article on this.  In short, they are looking into it, and there is no known workaround at this time.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21519...

bbiandov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually I did find a work around even though the issue is most definitely addressed by VM Ware.

Google has pushed the flash update which is the problem. Going back to an older flash component for Chrome solves the issue: Version: 27.0.0.170 is the issue; going to Version: 27.0.0.159 by replacing an older pepperflash DLL puts us back to status quo.

http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2017/10/shockwave-flash-has-crashed-workaround-for-vsphere-web-flash-...

Hopefully VM Ware officially will get to the bottom of Version: 27.0.0.170 and publish an approved remedy! For now I'm confirming that going back to Version: 27.0.0.159

slash1.png

Another issue caused by 27.0.0.170 which has not been reported yet is that it also breaks the ESXi host web client (that's the ESXi web client stand alone running on the host). Although I don't believe that the stand alone host client had any flash it does - with 27.0.0.170 it causes some login error which can be ignored and it otherwise works. With the older flash plug-in that same error is gone.

~B

0 Kudos
bbiandov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All fixed in the latest Chrome pepperflash release:

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 27.0.0.183

0 Kudos