VMware Cloud Community
R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Chrome cannot access 6.5 Web client if Chrome cannot connect to the internet

I have a machine that's not internet-connected that I need to use for managing vSphere, When I log on to the 6.5 web client using Chrome it authenticates successfully, but then immediately goes to a while page with "Download Failed" puzzle icon in the center.  Hovering over the icon indicates it's a problem with Flash player.  I've fully updated Chrome offline (version 62).  Flash is enabled and the vCenter address is listed in the Allow list.  Any ideas on how I get past this?

pastedImage_0.png

5 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

May I know the flash player version you have installed ?

0 Kudos
DavidJ_FMI
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. vijayrana968 - On Windows 10 / Server 2012 / 2016 I thought Flash is integrated with windows.  I have it enabled (via powershell).  And I get the same error.

According to VMware Knowledge Base  these newer versions of Chrome should work..

0 Kudos
dekoshal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try this. May be this will help

Shockwave Flash crashes with vSphere Web Client 6.x

kb.vmware.com/kb/2151945

If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Correct or Helpful to award points.

Best Regards,

Deepak Koshal

CNE|CLA|CWMA|VCP4|VCP5|CCAH

msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is trying to download Flash plugins for chrome. If it is offline installation, I think for the first instance it tried to communicate with flash to download. You can manually download and install the flash player which should resolve it.

Flash Player Help

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Alternatively, you can use the html5 using https://<VC FQDN>/ui

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

+ You can also check if the machine has any firewall which is blocking flash if the machine has internet access

0 Kudos