VMware Cloud Community
jbando2000
Contributor
Contributor

Changed IP Address of vCenter - No Longer Able to Manage Via Web UI

So, there are many questions out there related to this, but I haven't found a definitive answer to this issue.

I recently changed the IP address of my vCenter (running on Windows, not the appliance).  I've managed to get everything working again, including access via the legacy windows client, but when trying to access via the Web UI, I keep getting an error stating the SSO server is pointing to the old IP address.  I've read the many articles on re-registering services and have attempted to do that, but I get the ssl chain error that I see in many non-answered questions on this forum.

Any thoughts on this outside of re-installing vCenter?  That's not really an option.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello,

check this kb, maybe it helps:

VMware KB: VMware vCenter Server 5.x fails to start after upgrading Single Sign-On configuration fro...

If with the help of this kb, you aren't be able to fix your problem, please upload here the last content of the file vpxd.log file (located at: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs)

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos
jbando2000
Contributor
Contributor

The ultimate problem appears to be that the new IP address isn't in the "Subject Alternative Name" in the cert.  I can't re-register because the new address is not associated with the cert at all.

0 Kudos
akkayyakapisett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Open add/remove programs and reconfigure SSO application.

Regards,

Venkat

http://www.peeradmin.com/

0 Kudos
jbando2000
Contributor
Contributor

When you say 'reconfigure' you mean uninstall and re-install?  There is no option to edit or change it.

0 Kudos